April’s featured harvest item is Dried Beans. See the resources below to make the most of the harvest this month.
- Three Classroom & Garden-Based Lessons: Pulse Nutrition & Biology Grade 4 *New Curriculum!*
- A Child’s Guide to Growing Your Own Beautiful Dried Beans
- A Key to Bean Varieties and Their Uses
- Local and Other Bean Education Resources
- WSU Extension Fact Sheet: Growing Dry Beans in Home Gardens
- Try the Featured Recipe – Black Bean Vegetable Soup
- Download the April Poster
- Download Teacher Talking Points
- Download the April Dried Beans Powerpoint Presentation
- Download the Dry Bean Education Materials
- Download Dried Beans Trivia sheet
- Download the April Menu Back
This video teaches how to cook dry beans and use them in two recipes: Black Bean Dip and Midnight Black Bean Cake (with Coconut Milk & Honey Frosting). Yum!