What we feed our kids matters.
Give the Gift of Healthy Food!
Wondering what to get friends and family for the holidays? Food is always a good choice, and healthy local food is even better. Here are a few ideas:
- Make applesauce, jam or preserves with frozen local berries
- Assemble a soup kit with a recipe and ingredients.
- Use a food dehydrator to make dried fruit.
- Make a trip to the Bellingham Farmers Market for delicious goodies to add to a gift basket.
- Give a gift certificate to a restaurant or business that features locally grown foods. Click here for a list of Eat Local First participating businesses.
- Visit Sustainable Connections’ Eat Local for the Holidays website for resources including where to shop for local ingredients and gifts, a list of local Christmas tree farms, and special holiday events.